Booking the hall:
- Jenine Abarbanel ph. 09 422 6715
- We recommend you book 1 to 2 years in advance, and book 3 full days, one on either side of the event
- Hall hire includes:
- 90 chairs. (80 padded metal chairs, 10 plastic garden chairs)
- 10 trestle tables (6 plastic, 4 wooden) + 1 large wooden hall table
- Basic crockery for 90 people (you may require extra serving bowls)
- Cutlery available for a hire fee of $50
- Not available through hall:
- Sound system
If you are having a seated meal, you may choose to hire a marquee with extra tables and chairs for use by your guests before/after the meal.
- Interior dimensions of the hall:
- Foyer: 3.5×3.5m
- Main Hall: 6.5mx10.9m
- Stage: 6.5m x 3m
- Kitchen: 2.6m x 4m
- 4.8m of rear fence can be opened to flow to a marquee on the playing fields.
- If alcohol is to be consumed outside of hall, a clearly defined boundary/fence must be in place
- Marquees larger than 100sqm must obtain a building consent from Auckland Council.
- If you wish to hold your ceremony down by the water’s edge, send an inquiry to Bookingparksbookings@aucklandcouncil.govt.nz asking if there are any sporting events scheduled that might clash on the day.
Decorating the hall:
- No nails, pins or tape is to be used on the walls of the hall.
- There are hooks already in place for hanging bunting or other decorations. Fire hazard: Do not hang decorations near or on the wall heaters!
- You must provide your own ladder.
- Do not disturb display cases on walls. They may be covered if desired.
- Sharp objects that can damage walls or floors
- Candles or naked flames
Local area services
- Whangateau Holiday Park
- Omaha Marae. $20/person. Up to 70 people.
- Denise and Tony Crimp. firstname.lastname@example.org. 502 Leigh Road, Whangateau, 021 613 104.
- Whitechapel Jak. whitechapeljak.com
- Fired Pizza Company. Mobile wood fired pizza oven. Also salads and wood oven roasted finger foods. www.firedpizzacompany.co.nz or 021 201 9206.
- iCater. Full service catering. http://icater.co.nz/icater/. 09-423-7914. 021-929-742. email@example.com.
- Wedding cakes by Kim Scott. 027 290 3971. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amazing Cakes And Desserts
- Carlie – Celebrant and Wedding Planner. facebook.com/celebrantcarlie/. 09-425 5695, http://www.celebrantcarlie.co.nz/.
- Ruby Lane Events, www.rubylaneevents.co.nz, 021-645-129, https://www.facebook.com/RubyLaneEvents/.
- Whangateau Roses: 094226455, email@example.com.
- Twig & Bloom: https://twigandbloom.co.nz/, 09-423 0091
- Maria’s Florist: http://www.mariasflorist.co.nz/, 09 425 9016
Hair and Beauty
- Oasis studio – Massage and beauty therapy. Point Wells. 021960225. Spray tans, nails, hair, etc.
- Angela Munro. Wedding nails, spray tan and waxing/tinting.
- Aurelia Torkington. Specialty makeup design.
- Warkworth Events & Party Hire, http://warkworthpartyhire.co.nz/, 09 425 8010, 5 Morrison Drive, Warkworth.
- Bandwagon Stage Hire. http://www.bandwagon.co.nz/.
- Matt Crockett. Vintage crockery, cutlery, trays, bowls, glasses, furniture and decorative knick knacks.
- Hire a dishwasher (none provided at hall)
- Hiring extra refrigeration units or have extra chilly bins on hand.
- Have a plan B in the case of wet weather.
- The beach and play area can be attractive for children.
- Tides: http://www.tidetablechart.com/tides/hightide_lowtide/52659/Hauraki%20Gulf%20:%20Whangateau%20Harbour